1. What do you think are some of the contributing factors to obesity-related diseases in the United States?
2. Do you believe that there is such thing as global warning, or do you think that this phenomenon has been made up as a scare tactic for people? Please be sure to provide examples.
3. Do you believe that Social Movements and Social Change are relevant to our society today? What are some movements and social changes that you have seen in your lifetime?
4. After taking sociology this course for the last 8 weeks, What have you learned about sociology and what are you able to take from taking this course?
Write at least 3 pages total.
5. Write a short paragraph about important of knowing sociology. Then continue Write 3 -4 lines, reflective thought on each of the following topics. Double spaced and paragraphs indented. MLA Format
Use the link for textbook to learn about each topic
1. Define Sociology
2. Sociological Research
4. Society and Social Interaction
6. Groups and Organization
7. Deviance, Crime and Social Control
8. Media and Technology
9. Social Stratification in the United States
10. Global Inequality
11. Race and Ethnicity
12. Aging and the Elderly
13. Gender, Sex and Sexuality
14. Marriage and Family
17. Government and Politics
18. Work and the Economy
19. Health and Medicine
20. Population, Urbanization and the Environment
21. Social Movements and Social Change
Introduction to Sociology, Ch. 21: Social Movements and Social Change
Week Five – Social Movements
- . If you had the ability to mobilize resources to create a new social movement to promote or oppose social change, what social change would your movement address? Why and how?
Week Five – Resistance to Social Change
- Resistance to social change is often tied to the interests of those who will suffer in the event of social change. Describe one social, wherein you would have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. How would you resist change?
- . Describe one economic, wherein you would have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. How would you resist change?
- Describe one Cultural, wherein you would have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. How would you resist change?
Self-Interest, Compromise, and Social Change
Week Five -Rapid Social Change
Mary James ,
- Rapid social change is part of your everyday life. Why?