- Individually, each member of the group should research interpersonal factors (e.g., personality, resilience/grit, social support, and religion/spirituality) that affect his or her assigned condition.
- Visit the PERMA webpage within the Authentic Happiness website, and learn about the theory. (Note: You are welcome to explore the whole website after you explore the theory. The site is rich in material that will be useful to you as a psychology professional of any field, and includes many tools to assess your own well-being.)
- Find and read at least one article for each of the variables/factors. (Note: This week, the factors are personality, resilience/grit, social support and religion/spirituality.) A literature review article less than 5 years old would be a good choice. All other articles should be recent empirical studies (i.e., studies that produced data and have a results section with statistical analyses or qualitative analyses). As much as possible, choose empirical studies that were published no more than 3 years ago.
Each STUDENT should address the following for his or her specific assigned health condition: identifying your answers with the corresponding numbers below:
- Explain the bivariate (one-on-one) and multivariate (combined) relationships between CANCER and personality, resilience/grit, and religion/spirituality. Is there extensive research on this?
- What, if any, is the impact of your assigned health condition on social relationships?
- What is the impact of social support on your assigned health condition?
- How can you use the PERMA Theory of Well-Being to understand and integrate all you learned this week? How do each of the week’s variables/factors fit within the theory?
- Be sure to include references and examples from the articles you found.
Note: You are not limited to written text in your group space. You may also use graphical data, photos, audio/video that you create, or other types of information.
Last Updated on September 13, 2019 by EssayPro