In the re-enactment between Belle and the therapist, there is a destructive aspect at play. How might you understand this in terms of the client’s
Objectives: To demonstrate your understanding of the transferential dynamic, how it holds the client’s early history and the deficit in
Belle has transference to her therapist, she has early attachment issues due to her mother on and off absent which is essential in this case.
The writer can read this ‘Belle’ chapter from ‘the impossibility of sex’ on google books.
Please reference from these core tests first and then the writer can find another few according to his or her viewpoint.
1. Gomez, Lavinia. (1997) An introduction to Object Relations. Free Association Books Ltd
2. Kahn, Michael. (1997). Between Therapist and Client. New York. Holt.
3. Jacobs, Michael. (2004 3rd ed.). Psychodynamic Counselling in Action. London. Sage. Chapters 6,7
4. Malan, David.(1995). Individual Psychotherapy and the Science of Psychodynamics.London. Butterworth. Chapters 18, 19, 20.
5. Worden, William. Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy. London. Routledge Chapters 2,3,4,5
Last Updated on September 20, 2019 by Essay Pro