REQUIREMENTS FOR NURSING RESEARCH PAPER
1. Write a research paper on a selected nursing or health related topic (topics listed on next page).
The instructor will randomly assign a topic to students by the 2nd class session. Once a topic is
assigned it may not be changed without written permission from the instructor.
2. The content of the paper is outlined below. Plagiarism will result in a failing grade. Disciplinary
actions will follow the procedure as outlined in the Prince George’s Community College Student
3. APA format is required in constructing this paper. Refer to the PGCC library web page or
Google Purdue Owl Writing Lab for proper APA notation.
4. Criteria: (Refer also to the attached scoring rubric for the nursing research paper).
|Format:||APA pages must be 8 ½” x 11″, typed with 1″ margins on all sides. The paper
must be neatly typed, doubled-spaced, font in Times New Roman with font size
12 (11 font will be accepted). Staple final paper with only 1 staple, in the upper
left hand corner (no folders, no paperclips, no plastic cover, and no dog ears.)
Organized: Title page has running head on the top left header of paper and pages are
numbered in the top right header. The body of the paper should be a minimum of
four (4) typed pages and maximum of six (6) typed pages. This does not include
title page, outline, and reference list which are required. (More than six (6) pages
will not be read). See below for order of submission.
Content: Topic is well-developed and complete. Prepare an outline prior to writing the
paper. This outline will be included with the paper. The content of the paper must
thoroughly address the topic and include the professional practice of nursing, the
background, and a conclusion with a summary of the main ideas related to the
selected topic; if appropriate, include background information and/or a rationale
for your position. Verify grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation is
correct. References are to be correctly cited throughout the paper using APA
format. There is to be no plagiarism.
References: Reference list using APA format with applicable citations. Appropriate selection
of at least four (4) professional references published within the last three-five
(3-5) years, unless cited as an historical reference. You may not use any
textbooks as part of the four (4) professional references. If you use a website,
be sure to cite the doi or url address.
***Please submit your research paper in the following order:
• Title page
• Outline (not a table of contents and not an abstract)
• The body of the research paper (minimum of 4 pages and maximum of 6 pages)
• Attach the Scoring Rubric for Research Paper, found on the next 2 pages.
Last Updated on March 3, 2018 by EssayPro