For this assignment, please sign-up and join the Health Informatics Forum (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.[http://www.healthinformaticsforum.com/] which is an online learning community with over 8,000 members from around the world! All FREE!!!!
- Please click on the link above or copy and paste.
- “Join” this site… it is free using your SCF email address.
- Then, complete/review Units 1-3of Introduction to Health IT: Health Management Information Systems As you will see from this website, there is a lot of very valuable information! You may feel so inclined to peruse other courses and Units as well. I would suggest bookmarking this site for your future use if it is of interest to you!
- Unit 1 = What is Health Informatics
- Unit 2 = Health Systems Overview
- Unit 3 = Electronic Health Records
ASSIGNMENT: After reviewing Units 1-3, submit a scholarly discussion using the content/concepts from the 3 modules after doing a TurnitIn self-check [keep editing and paraphrasing to get a Similarity Score <25%].
Please use the following prompts:
- What specificlessons/concepts learned and include examples.
- Why is this content important? How might you use this information in your work settings?
- What level of knowledge do you have regarding healthcare informatics?
- How do you currently “use” informatics in your work environment?
How to cite the Health Forum?
Health Forum- suggest citing/referencing as a chapter in a book found on pages 202-205 of your wonderful blue APA manual 😀. Please include a reference/citation for each Unit.
Giannangelo, K., Johnson, C., Crockett, S., Flass, D. & Reynolds, B. (2012). Unit 1: What is
health informatics? In Introduction to health IT systems. Duke University. Retrieved
Last Updated on January 21, 2018 by Essay Pro