Still looking for Academic writing help? Get it here.
The media log is a place for you to jot down your responses, reactions, thoughts and ideas about the media. Each entry can be anything related to political communication – ideally, it should be something current. It can also be local or national politics.Throughout the semester, you will be asked to log what you are viewing, reading, or discussing with regard to a particular topic. You can log entries based on articles, videos, television programs, advertisements, social media posts, press conferences, etc.
Media Log Requirements:
• If you are logging a social media post – it needs to be from an influential source (i.e. a politician, journalist, or prominent figure. It should NOT be from a friend on Facebook or some random person you follow on Twitter).
• Media log entries (Media Response Entry portion) should be a minimum of 150 words or enough to sufficiently convey your reactions or thoughts.
What typical entries will include one or all of the following:
• Your thoughts and observations on the coverage of media events, ongoing news stories or communication from politicians, either locally or nationally.
• Your evaluation of the news or video sources.
• Your reaction to social media posts
• Your responses to particular issues in the media based on the five key questions for media literacy.
1. Who created the message?
2. What techniques are used to attract my attention?
3. How might different people understand this message differently from me?
4. What lifestyles, values, and points of view are represented in, or omitted from this message?
5. Why was this message sent?
Evaluation of the Media Log:
1. Writing is personal, revealing as much about the observer as what is being observed.
2. Each media log has a clear and single focus.
3. Entries should contain a variety of topics.
4. Entries should attempt to understand media’s purpose and intentions.
5. Entries are specific rather than generalized. Use detail and reference to support your opinion.
6. There must be titles and dates.
7. Entries are proofread for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors.
Custom Essay Writers for Hire