Case 8.2: Recommendation Report
Read the case study on Page 250. Shown below.
You are a middle-level marketing manager in a large wholesale organization. This morning your boss called you into her office and informed you that 126 cars in the company’s’ sales fleet were ready for replacement. She asked you to do the research and write a report that would recommend a purchase to replace the cars about to retire.
Pick 4 cars that are comparable –
Identify the criteria to be used in selecting the cars to be purchased. Remember that the quality of your research and report will hinge largely on how thoroughly you identify the relevant criteria to be weighed.
Thought for criteria are; price, performance, style, dependability, MPG, quality, comfort/interior space, drive train, engine, transmission, trunk space, warranty, seats, fold down seats, insurance, resale value, lease options, tires, gps, safety and luxury.
Case 8.2 Notes Assignment
Students should be aware that this type of report should use a direct, formal formatas it is being written for superiors and contains neutral information. Prefatory parts must include a letter of transmittal reflecting the authorization of the senior management official who originally assigned them the responsibility of this report. The introduction should include the methodology used as well as the purpose and scope of the report.
The report should be organized to include all of the automobiles considered and tables that report the necessary statistics on each auto to the deciding committee. Conclusions should be presented that willlead management to the same outcome outlined in the student’s report.
Case 8.2 – Report should include the following:
• formal format
• a letter of transmittal
• title page
• report Section ll, Comparable cars to be considered for the company’s sales fleet.
o Intent for Purchase
o Research (findings) of Selected Cars (4) show brief detail/summary of each car
o Vehicle comparison table 1 and others
o Anything else the writer might fell necessary for this portion of the report.
• A letter of transmittal reflecting the authorization of the senior management official who originally assigned the responsibility of this report.
• Introduction should include the methodology used as well as the purpose and scope of the report.
• All of the automobiles considered and tables that report the necessary statistics on each auto to the deciding committee.
• Conclusions that will lead management to the same outcome outlined in the report.
Last Updated on March 23, 2018 by Essay Pro