- What is a panopticon and how is this design used today?
- What were some of the constitutional issues that emerged as a result of Madrid v. Gomez ?
- What are the various components of perimeter security of a correctional facility?
- What are some key features of the organizational structure of the Federal Bureau of Prisons?
- What is the difference between a manager and a leader?
- Discuss the importance of the Supreme Court case of Palmigiano v. Garrahy (1977).
- What are the four broad goals of classification?
- Who are the various members of a classification team, and what are the functions for each member?
- Compare importation theory with exportation theory. Which one do you believe is the stronger influence on prisonsubculture, and why?
- How have professionalization and the diversification of correctional staff impacted the prison subculture?
- What are some of the demographic and statistical characteristics of the female offender population?
- Compare and contrast the rates of incarceration and the terms of sentencing for male and female offenders.
- Who was Elizabeth Fry? What did she do to assist female offenders, and why was this unique during her time in history?
- What is patriarchy? How might this concept be associated with the dynamics of women who are incarcerated?
- How does feminist criminology help to explain criminal behavior among women?
- What are some of the common problems encountered with specialized inmate populations in prison?
- should be considered? If so, what are these rights or protections?
- Identify and define the various classifications of elderly inmates within an institution.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro