For this assignment, you will consider assigned HIT trends, and develop ideas and suggestions regarding future research that may be undertaken to advance HIT.
- Read the research descriptions found on the https://sharps.org web site. Read the http://sharps.org/clusters/encryption-and-trusted-base-cluster description as an example for abstracts and aims/goals of the subject research.
- For each of the three (3) HIT emerging trends topics identified in this week’s readings, consider and think about the nature of future research that may be undertaken for the IT community to improve its adoption/handling/resilience regarding the subject topic.
- For each of the three (3) HIT emerging trends topics identified in this week’s readings, prepare paragraphs that are an abstract and aims/goals that you would propose for a research study. Each abstract paragraph should be a minimum of 200 words, and each aims/goals paragraph should be a minimum of 75 words.
Refer to the https://sharps.org web site for examples of research abstracts and aims/goals.
Topics identified in this weeks reading:
- Real-time Data Analytics: the use of data, statistics and expert analysis, often with predictive modeling, to influence medical decision making. New research and resources are constantly emerging online. Perform a search on this topic, and consider also the following resources: ; ; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25006150;
- Public Health Informatics: the application of informatics – which is synthesized information management – applied for public health purposes, including observation, prevention, readiness, and health campaigns. New research and resources are constantly emerging online. Perform a search on this topic, and consider also the following resources: https://www.amia.org/applications-informatics/public-health-informatics;
- ; http://www.phii.org/; ;
- Personalized Medicine: Personalized medicine is a budding discipline where medical providers use diagnostic testing to establish the medical treatment that will work best for each patient. By combining the data from those tests with a patient’s medical history, situation and values, health care providers can develop targeted plans for treatment and prevention. Source: Personalized Medicine Coalition; http://www.personalizedmedicinecoalition.org/About_Us/About_PMC#sthash.ij9tFnrf.dpuf. Perform a search on this topic, and consider also the following resources: http://www.brookings.edu/research/papers/2011/01/28-personalized-medicine-west; http://eurpub.oxfordjournals.org/content/24/3/349; https://www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/person_at_thecenterissuebrief.pdf; http://www.personalizedmedicinecoalition.org/;
- Strategic Healthcare IT Advanced Research Projects (SHARP): refer to these web sites: ; https://sharps.org
Last Updated on