Click the linked activity title to access Assignment 2: Historical Figures and Leadership.
In this assignment, you will select one of the following historical figures and review the related recommended research. Consider how your chosen historical figure’s leadership skills might be applied in today’s modern workplace.
Alternate Name(s): Cleopatra VII.
Location & Time Period: Egypt, 1st Century BC.
- Recommended Research:
Alternate Name(s): Qin Shi Huang.
Location & Time Period: China, 3rd Century BC.
- Recommended Research
Alternate Name(s): Constantine the Great, Constantine I.
Location & Time Period: Roman Empire, 3rd Century AD.
- Constantine I from Rise of Christianity, The: History, Documents, and Key Questions.
- Constantine the Great encyclopedia entry from Great Lives from History: The Ancient World.
- Constantine the Great 285–337 encyclopedia entry from Religions of the World: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices.
- Assignment Instructions
After reviewing the recommended research about your selected historical figure, you will use the provided template to write a two-page essay about their leadership skills and how they might play out in today’s workplace. In your essay, you will provide a rationale for your selection, some background on the selected individual, discussion of leadership skills, and application of those skills in today’s workplace. Refer to the template for further details on the themes you should include.
Open the Assignment 2 Historical Figures and Leadership Then and Now Paper Template [DOCX].
- Download the template.
- Save the template to your desktop (or another location of your choice).
- Save Aswith the following file name: First Name_ Last Name_HUM 111_Assignment 2_quarter_ 2020. (Example: Lauren_Philip_HUM111_Assignment 2_Summer 2020.)
- Complete the assignment.
- Edit your work.
- Make sure you have discussed each bullet point in the template.
- Check your work for grammatical errors and proper Strayer Writing Standards (SWS).
- Your assignment must follow these requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) [PDF]. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Summarize thoughts about an author’s work, including the historical events happening at the time it was produced and the relevance of the work in the present day.
- Review the rubric on the assignment submission page.See assignment overviews from your professor in the “Help from…” tab on the left menu.
Last Updated on