1) For this assignment, please read Household_Food_Waste. Then answer the following questions.
- Since we have spent some time in this unit looking at purpose, tone and audience, let’s get to these first. What do you think is the authors’ purpose for writing this text? Who are they writing to (intended audience)? How would you describe their tone?
- Explain how the difference in intended audience and purpose drive the authors’ tone and overall presentation to be different from what you saw in Allison and Royte, or even Stuart’s arguments?
- What three new pieces of information were you able to gather from this journal? How do they connect to your previous knowledge on the subject?
- Imagine that Stuart sat down with Qi and Roe for a discussion. What two questions do you think he would ask for these authors?
2) create your own annotated bibliography that includes at least 5 sources.The sources must be related to the subject of “food waste” here is the prompt to help you focus on which sources to choose. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CXZ4yEwXQFgdJ4…
3) For this journal, please read the third short story from “Heads of the Colored People: Belles Lettres.”
- Journals are 1-2 pages double spaced.
- What should be in your journal? A journal entry should contain 4 items about each piece of literature you read in the textbook:
- A brief synopsis of what the piece was about [think characters, conflict, resolution]
- Any lines or phrases that have particular significance [think important themes, climactic moments]
- A short explanation of what you liked or found most valuable about the piece
- Any questions you have about the piece. [Then ask those questions in your group to ensure you understand the piece better]
Last Updated on April 7, 2021 by EssayPro