Please watch the “Disability” video. This video explores the many ways we can celebrate and correct the misperceptions concerning disability.
In your initial post, please address the following:
- Describe an experience you had that involved someone with a disability. This can be yourself or someone else. How did others respond to the person with the disability?
- How could a video like this change that response?
- What do you think is the hardest part of responding to a person with a disability as a person rather than as a disability?
- What one step would you recommend to others to avoid othering those with disabilities?
- Did this video change your core understanding of disability?
- In your view, which created the biggest impact–the words that were spoken or the images the viewer saw? Defend your choice.
- How did this video change your core understanding of stereotypes?
Last Updated on July 12, 2020 by Essay Pro