Dead Sea Scrolls Replies

Reply to the file that is uploaded. there will be two replies one to #1 and a reply to #2 each will be 135 words each and use the books listed below. how the Dead Sea scrolls have verified the reliability of the Bible. at least one reference to each reply and the Bible.
Consult chapter 15 of The Stones Cry Out by Price, The Dead Sea Scrolls Pamplet by Price, and Graves Biblical Archeology: Chapter 2, for help addressing this topic.

1. D.L.
The Bible has stood alone for many centuries, apart from outside sources to validate its claims, because belief is not a criteria solidifying the truth. The truth remains true regardless who believes it. So many critics have tried to explain away the Bible’s claim through what (Graves,2017,69) calls “The Fallacy of Negative Proof.” So when it comes to discoveries like the Dead Sea Scrolls, which American Dean of Biblical Archaeology, William Foxwell Albright, hailed the Dead Sea Scrolls as “the greatest manuscript discovery of modern times”(Price,1997,277). It helps to solidify what is already true to a greater degree. Prior to the Dead Sea discovery, the oldest copy of scripture was the Aleppo Codex dating back to 935 A.D.which was only 1000 years old (Price,1997,280), which left a 1000 year gap from the time of Christ. Through the Dead Sea Scrolls discovery, we were able to close that 1000 year gap because the dating on the scrolls were from 125 BC to 100 BC. Not only was that gap bridged, it also helped with determining the remarkable accuracy of the copies that were already in existence. So this is why the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls are such an extraordinary find for this modern erra. The more discoveries that are brought to the light only continue to make the case for the Bible. The Bible no longer has to prove itself according to Gods Words, because there are so many other discoveries that are currently making the case for Christ.

2. J.M.
The Dead Sea Scrolls have had an immense impact on the way Christians can read and trust the Bible’s accuracy and interpretation. They are among the oldest copies of the Hebrew Scriptures that we have today. These Scrolls contain a portion of every book of the Old Testament except the Book of Esther, as well as numerous commentaries on the books of the Bible and other areas of Jewish life: marriage contracts, deeds of sale, calendars, etc.
Until their discovery, the oldest complete Hebrew copy of the Old Testament was the Ben Asher Codex, dated to about 1008 AD.[1] The oldest copy in the Greek would be the Codices Vaticanus and Sinaiticus, which date to about 300-100 BC.[2] When the Scrolls’ version of Isaiah was compared to the Ben Asher Codex, despite the over 1,000-year gap in time, the accuracy of the first to the second was alarming: 95% of the text matched, with the other 5% referring to spelling errors or slight variations that do not change the overall meaning of the words.
The relation to Messianic prophecy is also confirmed, with the Scrolls’ clarification of important passages such as Psalm 22:16, which was previously debated: the Hebrew translation reads “like a lion are my hands and feet,” while the Septuagint (Greek) reads “pierced are my hands and feet.” The Scrolls demonstrate the accuracy of the Septuagint translation, thus supporting its reference to Jesus as the Messiah.[3] What does this mean for the Bible? It means that when reading our modern, English translations, we can be confident that what it says is what it said. This helps not only from an apologetic standpoint, but also to bolster our confidence that when we apply the truths found within, we can trust that the wording has not shifted so far as to give us the wrong impression or lead us astray.

Last Updated on February 10, 2019 by EssayPro