Instructions are to write a 3 to 4 page paper addressing all 7 listed points below.
1. Pick a local community in the West Kentucky or Middle Tennessee area. Concentrate on a more economically challenged area in either Hopkinsville, KY, Clarksville, TN, or Nahville, TN. For example you can choose New Providence, Lincoln Holmes, or Summit Heights in Clarksville, TN.
2. Research the demographics of the community (race, class, age, employment status…etc)
3. Detail some of the strengths of this community (See question 5 for a more detailed accounting of helping associations).
4. Detail some of the challenges of this community (economy, infrastructure, housing, discrimination, alienation, change, etc.)
5. List any social service agencies, Community Developmental Corporations, association, tasks groups, or advocacy groups which provide services or wok for the betterment of the community.
6. From an outsider’s standpoint, what would you diagnose as the largest challenge for this community? Do you think community members would share your sentiment?
7. If you were being asked to provide a social improvement planning blueprint for this community, what would that blueprint include?
As you formulate responses to these 7 points provide scholarly support from scholarly sources supporting your writing (U.S. Census, community records, news stories, internet blogs, books, peer reviewed articles, interviews, ect.)
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro