college essays help
The Widget Company (TWC) Final Project, college essays help
The Widget Company (TWC)
TWC is an established private-sector company that produces 75% of all the widgets in North America. TWC started with 8 employees and 34 years later has a family of over 500 employees. The average employee of TWC has been with the company for 13 years. (note that TWC is the fictitious name of the Widget Company)
The company offers compressed work schedules, tuition and book assistance, 100% medical and dental premium coverage, 10 paid holidays, 3 weeks of paid vacation beginning in year 2, on-site daycare or daycare assistance, on-site dry cleaners, convenience store, state of the art workout facilities, walking and running trails (with extended breaks for fitness), company sponsored outings and gatherings. Also, TWC offers discounted passes or memberships to museums, parks, shows, professional sporting events and warehouse grocery stores. In addition, the company bus stops at various locations throughout the day for park and ride for a small fee and offer commuter train discounts and car pooling perks.
TWC has landed a multimillion dollar account. The client, Ms. Gotrocks, is very particular about service to and quality for her clients. Therefore, she has challenged TWC to mass produce her widgets in record time to stay ahead of the competition. Typical time to produce 100 widgets takes 3 business days. Ms. Gotrocks has requested 1 million widgets, the first 400 thousand to be produced within the first 6 months, and if the product and distribution are up to quality standards, then the remaining 600 thousand are to be finished within the year.
Sr. Mgmt at The Widget Company has developed a strategy to meet the challenge. Besides offering incentives and overtime to their current employees, they have decided that they need to increase their production associate staff members.
The Vice President of Human Resources, Ms. Queen, has outlined a plan to hire 75 customer relation associates in the next 6 months (a total of 100 within the year) and needs 10 associates hired in the next 30 days. HR has been allocated a budget of $250,000 to complete this task from the business.
1. Create job advertisement: This must be creative and legally sound.
2. Develop a thorough recruiting plan; be sure to answer the questions below;
• What are you going to do first? What is your SWOT plan?
• When does the recruiting begin? Are there any quick wins? Can you supplement with temp resources?
• Develop a timeline (recruiting schedule).
• How are you going to advertise? What are your options, your distribution channels??
• What is your EVP?
• Who is your target audience?
• Will there be any opportunities for internal assistance? (can managers or other personnel assist in the mass hiring?)
• What are the administrative costs?
• How do you ensure compliance?
Be creative and refer to your book and other resources to guide you. The above questions will give you a good start in developing your plan. Submit your recruiting plan (5-7 pages, not including job advertisement) and job advertisement as a Word attached document in the appropriate area.
college essays help