Business Management Systems
Business Management Systems COURSE PROJECT
Throughout the course, beginning in Week 4, you will complete a series of milestones for your course project.
The milestones will continue throughout the course and will be introduced as we progress. These milestones are not to be submitted during the week they are introduced, but rather compiled and submitted as a final course project at the end of Week 13.
Business Management Systems Course Project Scenario:
You are a top executive in your corporation. After careful consideration, you were selected to work on a project to use MIS to change the way your business is run. You will be responsible for researching the practices in your industry, identify the strengths and weaknesses of the industry, and make an innovative plan to use MIS to improve on current practices.
The purpose of your research is to a) provide you with an opportunity to learn more about a specific industry and the current processes used and b) identify opportunities to use MIS to change how business is run and improve on current business practices.
Your report to management must include the following topics:
- Milestone 1: History and Background – Develop a one page document providing a detailed summary with information about the industry, past and present business model/practices, the industry’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Milestone 2: Target Customer – Develop a one page document addressing the following:
- Identify the target customer in terms of age, gender, income, location, needs…etc.
- Have your customers’ needs changed over the years?
- Are all their needs fulfilled?
- Is there a gap between customers’ needs and market offerings?
- Milestone 3: Competition & Five Forces Model Analysis – Develop a one page document addressing the following:
- Who is your competition?
- What are your plans to ensure that you are steps ahead of your competition and how will you respond to changes in the competitive environment?
- What are the results of your five forces model analysis?
- Milestone 4: Survey and Results – Develop and design a survey to help you with your project. Be sure to include a copy of your survey questions, sample size, summary of results, and recommendations.
- Milestone 5: Proposed Use of MIS – Develop a one page document explaining how MIS will benefit your industry/corporation. Provide details of the benefits and challenges of using MIS in your industry/corporation.
- Milestone 6: Implications – Develop a one page document identifying and describing the implications of the suggested use of MIS on the industry.
- Milestone 7: Financial Benefits – Develop a one page document addressing the following:
- What are the costs and financial benefits of using your proposed plan?
- Explain the impact on revenue, fixed costs, variable costs, initial investment, training, implementation, customer acquisition, customer retention, and customer satisfaction.
- Milestone 8: The Future – Develop a one page document addressing the following:
- What changes do you foresee in the future of your industry/corporation?
- How will you respond to changes in technology, processes, competitive environment, customers’ taste/needs, economic environment…etc.?
Business Management Systems Course Project Deliverables at the end of Week 13:
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Eight (8) page professional document containing a compilation of milestones 1 – 8.
- References page utilizing APA forma
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro