In 1941, President Franklin Roosevelt suggested that the Constitution needed a second “Bill of Rights” that addressed social needs of the American people. He suggested the following new “rights:”
– The right to a job that allowed a person to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing for the person and his/her family.
– The right of every family to a decent home.
– The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health.
– The right to a good education.
Choose only ONE of the following to answer and not both. Thanks.
1. If you could choose only one of these “new rights” to add to the US Constitution, which would it be and explain why?
2. If you don’t believe any of these “new rights” should be added to the Constitition, explain why.
Last Updated on February 10, 2019 by EssayPro