- Choose a font style and size that can be read without causing undue eyestrain.
- Use 1.5 or 2 line spacing
- Be thorough enough to answer each question, but also strive to be concise. I estimate this assignment can be completed in 2 – 4 pages. Please DO NOT exceed5 pages.
- As always remember to use APA formatting for in-text citations and for your reference list.
- Structure your paper in a manner that makes it easy to tell that you have addressed each question. You may use subheadings, question numbers, or copy/paste the questions for this purpose. Subheadings are my preference.
- I encourage the use of bullet pointed lists, tables, and figures where appropriate – these can be great ways to summarize information in an appealing format.
Choose a publicly-traded company which you find interesting and complete the following assignment based on that company.
- Based on information provided on the company’s Investor Relations page – including press releases, recent annual or quarterly reports, letters to shareholders, and other sources – what is the company’s stated strategy? Be brief in summarizing key features of the strategy.
- Can you discern other details about this company’s strategy by looking at the industry? See Chapter 10 in Good Strategy Bad Strategy, but remember, it is possible that your company may not have a clear strategy.
- What are the company’s long-term goals and short-term performance targets?
- TIP: If you are willing to continue working with the same company, the information you gather for this assignment can also be used for your final assignment.
TIP: Do NOT choose a company which is highly diversified because they may have different strategies for different business units. For example, it would be quite difficult to complete this assignment for GE, but a company with related business units or product portfolio (such as Yum! Brands) would be fine.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro