In this assignment, you will write a critical article about Puma Punka that has played a central role in pseudoarchaeological arguments and ideas and write about it. The Pseudoarchaeology Wiki Project must be at least 1700 words in length (more is fine).
Your Pseudoarchaeology Research Project should address the following questions/issues (each of which should be a separate section of the paper).
- What is the site/artifact?
- What is the context in which it was discovered/excavated/etc?
- What is the pseudoarchaeological narrative/interpretation associated with the site/artifact?
If you think that it is important to add more sections, they feel free to do so.
Some guidelines and things to think about with the Project:
- If you don’t meet that minimum word count, you will be docked significantly.
- You must have at least 7 sources/references (not including any cited images). More sources are, of course, perfectly fine. The sources can be digital or physical. However, three (3) sources must be from a fringe/pseudoscientific source, and at least (4) must be scholarly in nature.
Here is a really good source for determining the quality of an online source: http://guides.lib.berkeley.edu/evaluating-resources
- All images must be referenced properly. Try to use Creative Commons licensed works. Here is a hint to find creative commons licensed images – use CC Search Engine (http://search.creativecommons.org). Also, for specific archaeological images that are creative commons licensed, you should look at NYU’s Institute for the Study of the Ancient World Image Bank (http://isaw.nyu.edu/ancient-world-image-bank)
- Wikipedia (and similar sites like dictionary.com, Encyclopedia Britannic etc.) are notacceptable academic sources.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro