Application Paper Instructions
For this assignment, you must compose a 600-word paper that addresses theological knowledge, which can be applied to your understanding of what it means to be a Christian.
NOTE: You must choose a topic from the list of approved topics from the Application Paper Topics document.
As you respond to the prompt, reflect on how theological truths can best be applied to your current sphere of influence. Using the textbook, Theology Applied: A Living Faith as an example, you are to interact with a theological topic by providing the theological definition, the biblical foundation, and the practical application of the doctrine.
All of the following requirements must be met:
- Demonstrate ownership of the ideas that you present by providing your unique insight as evidence of your careful consideration of the topic you choose.
- Provide a logical link between the description of the concepts from the course and the conclusions or implications that you draw in your reflection. In other words, your conclusion must be logically derived from the application of the theological concept to your life.
- Focus on depth of understanding, rather than breadth of coverage. That is, focus on examining your theological knowledge and understanding of being a Christian as it relates to one area, rather than trying to cover multiple aspects.
- Include an introduction paragraph complete with a thesis statement.
- Include a conclusion paragraph that summarizes the points you have made.
- Include descriptive headings for Parts 1, 2, and 3.
Application Paper Part 1
Provide a theological definition from a theological reference book. Explain the doctrine by using and interacting with a theological definition from an outside source (a source that is not used in this course).
Explain the biblical foundation of the chosen theological term. Demonstrate where this particular theological concept is found within Scripture and trace the concept throughout the Bible. Include at least 2 biblical references in this section.
Apply the theological term to your life and sphere of influence. Explain how the truth of the theological term influences how you live your daily life and how the truth of the theological term can best be lived out in your daily life.
Format your paper in a Microsoft Word document using current APA, MLA, or Turabian style (whichever corresponds to your degree program). Review the Application Paper Grading Rubric to see the specific grading criteria by which you will be evaluated before submitting your paper.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by Essay Pro