Apply what you have learned to one of the possible decisions faced by adolescents below:
- Whether or not to engage in sexual activity with a dating partner.
- Whether or not to drink alcohol.
- Whether or not to cheat on an assignment.
- Whether or not to get a summer job.
- Whether or not to get into a physical fight.
For your chosen topic, address the following:
- Describe the factors that influence an adolescent’s cognitive development and decision-making processes.
- Include relationship, cultural, and environmental factors.
- Identify the biological and cognitive perspectives of adolescent development.
- Describe how the biological and cognitive perspective would explain an adolescent’s decision making.
- Identify family patterns that may influence cognitive development.
- Describe how family patterns might explain an adolescent’s cognitive development and decision making.
- Communication: Apply critical thinking and communication skills concerning adolescent psychology in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful.
- Use higher order thinking skills that go beyond simply summarizing issues.
- Your writing should contain no grammatical or spelling errors.
- Resources: Be sure to support the paper with concepts from your assigned reading. Include at least two peer-reviewed, scholarly resources, which are no more than five years old.
- APA Guidelines: Use current edition APA style and formatting for your writing and references.
- Cite course materials and supplemental journal articles using APA style in-text references and a reference list.
- Consult study resources to help you in writing and formatting your paper.
- Length: Your paper should be 2–3 pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages.
- Size and Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Last Updated on May 23, 2019 by EssayPro